Thursday, June 12, 2008

Camping Weekend

Big weekend coming up; I am taking the kids (kids mind you, not the Wife) camping for two days. How in the hell I'm going to pull this off is beyond me. A little secret for my gentile readers: us Jews are notorious for many things (ability to brunch, shop, make money and much more), but camping aint one of them. In fact, I might be the first Jew ever to camp, ever, exclusive of Moses in the desert.

Fortunately for me we are going with some friends who are seasoned pros. They are bringing all necessary accountraments, including food, tents and other necessities. I have to say though I am a little bit nervous, I;m also pretty stoked. Not half as stoked as the kids though; they are going bananas at the idea of sleeping outside in a tent together for two consecutive nights.

How the Wife got out of this one is beyond me but good for her; she deserves a break. I'll be sure to post many photos. I have a feeling I am going to have some pretty epic stories for y'all, most likely pertaining to my complete ineptitude.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

good luck and have fun with that. i am not a camper. but kids love it! enjoy your camping.

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day. You are really a good dad to spend two days and two nights with the kids in unknown territories. Will this be your only camping experience? We will all find out on your next blog. Nana