Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gone Fishing

I am t-minute two hours from heading to the airport for a redeye to Detroit Rock City. For all my faithful readers (probably around five of you) that can mean only one thing: that's right, our annual boy's weekend.

My closest seven friends from college - we are all super tight, despite the fact that time and geography separates us - have vowed to get together once a year for a boy's weekend. This year should be extra special as we commemorate our 20th reunion. Actually, the truth be told it probably won't factor into the equation at all. We will do what we normally do which, in no particular order, includes: swimming, eating, talking, maybe a run or two (by the way - still shelled from my race. Unreal how much I am feeling this one) catching up, bbqing, rides on the pontoon boat, maybe a beer or two or three and of course, the highlight of the weekend -- our annual monopoly tournament. I will have you know I am the defending champion.

Might not sound lik all that much fun but it really is and it's something I wouldn't miss for the world, despite the fact that I am schlepping halfway across the country.

So - that's that. I look forward to returning more relaxed and sans a few thousand brain cells or so.

Peace out and will try to post pictures from the road.

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds fun! have a great guys trip!