Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Week That Was




This has arguably been my craziest work week in a long, long while. I've been so busy, I haven't blogged on two momentous events that have occurred over the past few days in our household.

This past Sunday was the Girl's big ballet recital. This was held at the Marin Center, which is a big venue, and was a major, major production (as in two hours, probably a thousand attendees), replete with $22 per person tickets. She's been 'training" for this all year, mostly in "secrecy" so as you can imagine, it was much anticipated in our household. Her dance was The Bumblebee Boogie (note the costume), and it was cuter than imagineable. I have to say she's got some serious tap dancing skills though I confess to being highly biased towards her athletic abilities (though I hasten to add that others have noted the same; this Kid is a natural.

Yesterday, the Boy and I went to his first ever Yankees game at the Oakland coliseum. It, too, was awesome. To say he was stoked would be a major understatement; I thought he was going to have a freaking coronary he was so excited. I'd post a picture of this too but my iPhone ran out of juice. It was a brilliantly played game, which the Yankees won by a score of 3-1. Wang pitched great, Cabrera hit a home run, A-Rod went 3-4 and Mariano came in to close out the ninth. As I told the little boy, so far as Yankees games go, this one was about perfect. All in all, a phenomenal evening was had by all and I am very glad that his first Yankees game was a victory.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

SHE IS DARLING! holy cow TOO CUTE!

and WHOOHOO for an awesome Yankees game!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Kelly loves the outfit!!!!! She wanted me to post and let you know!!!!