Monday, June 30, 2008

Olympic Trials

As we get into the dog days of summer, when the weather is great and the TV awful, I highly recommend the US Olympic trials, which are being televised all of this week and part of next.

Last night featured an epic -- and I mean epic -- duel between Michael Phelps (who I think is the greatest American athlete; I plan to write a fully dedicated post on this topic some time soon) and Ryan Lochte, which Phelps won in a whisker in a race that was much closer than anticipated. Tonight features track and field action, and as I type I am watching Shalene Flanagan, who, I might add is a super hottie (but not nearly as hot as Kara Goucher, who is the hottest thing this side of Dana Torres) win the 5,000 meter. There is always plenty of drama and tension at the Trials and you really don't even need to be a sports fan to really appreciate these performances. The event that I am really looking forward to most is the mile, which I think is the last event of the trials. Will be very curious to see if Alan Webb can get the job done.

________________________________________

I finally finished the third season of Weeds last night. I won't give away any plots, but I will say that I thought that it was a tad bit disappointing. Even a "bad" season of Weeds is better than virtually everything else on TV. Being that the leitmotif of this post appears to be hot women, you can add Mary Louise Parker to this list as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agree that weeds fell apart last season. the new season is saved by Albert Brooks. Are you watching the new Call Girl show - its pretty good so far.