Monday, June 23, 2008

Random Thoughts

I am pretty wiped from a fast in and out day trip to LA. So, a couple of random thoughts:

-- I am still absolutely shelled from my race. In fact, I am actually getting MORE sore with each passing day, which is something I have never before experienced. Its two days out and I could barely walk today. I was IMing with my coach, Phil, today and he said he expected this outcome (suffering on a monster course).

-- I had the best dinner on Saturday at our friend's house (actually, it was at the home of our friends parents), something I have never before experienced: elk tenderloin, complemented by a Pinot Noir from the hosts' vineyard in Sonoma. It was very cool and very NorCal. And I have to say: the Elk (which was shot by the host) was absolutely out of this world. Better than steak. Evidently, they primarily eat alfalfa and it is more tender than you wold believe and not at all gamey. And the Pinot was pretty darn good too.

-- There's a lot of really good music out there, including the new Coldplay, Lil Wayne and AImee Mann. You probably couldn't come up with three more different genres if you tried, but all are very good in their own right.

--The WIfe and I are watching Season Three of Weeds. This show is so damn good (even though I think this is the weakest season thus far); I think it's without question one of the top five programs on TV. Perfect timing for its availability as there is virtually nothing else on TV.

-- Next up: Mad Men, which is also getting rave reviews. Season One is available on July 1.

-- Don't look now but my Yankees are the hottest team in baseball and are only four back of Boston. Must be the start of summertime.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mad Men is a little slow, but they capture the '60s image SPOT ON!