Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Man John Howlett

My main guy John Howlett: 4 miles running and 12 miles biking. This might be the one that most impresses me. Most others posted thus far are hardcore runners. With respect, John isn't, but he says he is committed to doing a duathlon next year and I think that's the coolest thing I've heard all day. Atta boy, Johnnie. Also, my contribution for today's Thyroid Cancer run is going to go to a fund established for John's very good friend from Indiana University, who recently passed away at a very young age from colon cancer. His name was Tony Feller and he sounds like he was a terrific guy. And Michigan guys: he was a fellow theta chi as well. When you all read his blog, which I will post later tonight or tomorrow, I am sure you are going to be quite moved.

Way to go John. Next year take a photo. Not that I don't believe you or anything, but that's such a solid effort a photo would have been nice.

Posted via email from Howard Solomon

1 comment:

John said...

Didn't want to scare your readers with a pic, but I am hiring a documentary filmmaker to capture the agony (or hilarity, depending on your point of view) of me creaking around today. Will send video.