Thursday, November 5, 2009

2009 World Champion New York Yankees

So, mission accomplished. I have to say this was one of my favorite baseball seasons ever and not necessarily because the Yankees won the World Series (oh how I love to type those words). That was just the icing on the cake. I enjoyed this 2009 baseball seaon because I was truly, genuinely able to enjoy it with my son, which I think to a certain extent is every father's dream. We watched baseball together non-stop. We talked about baseball. We participated together in a rotisserie baseball league. We went to games in all sorts of different stadiums and of course, towards the very end, we road tripped together to the World Series.

Essentially, we had some serious father-son bonding over baseball. And that, at the end of the day, is what baseball is all about. So thank you New York Yankees, for putting a cap on what was for you -- and for me -- and for my Little Boy -- an unforgettable season.

Now how many days until Pitchers and Catchers?

No comments: