Monday, November 30, 2009

Diet from Hell: Day One

So, we kicked off the old diet today. On paper it doesn't sound half bad, but for some reason, it is. Any thyroid person would probably agree. The problem is twofold: everything is just ... bland. And it is not at all filling. I am hungry ten minutes after every meal. So for two weeks, it's like I have an insatiable hunger. Take that and throw into the mix the fact that I am 48 hours out from doing an ultramarathon in which I burned an estimated 6,000 calories and you can see where I am going with all this.

Anyway, huge props to the lovely Wife for cooking and getting me through all this. It ain't easy but I really appreciate her fine effort.

BREAKFAST: fruit smoothie

SNACK: Handful of almonds

LUNCH: Salad with mixed veggies; Chicken noodle soup

SNACK: Handful of almonds/banana

DINNER: Artichoke, Portobello mushroom, pasta with turkey sauce.

SNACK: popcorn cooked in Olive oil

So, as you can see, it's quite healthy. But I already miss fat, calories and good old fashioned salt.

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ah! not fun! i did my last Low iodine diet over valentines day. as you can imagine. it was HORRIFYING! no chocolate, no delightful sugar cookies with pink frosting. LAME!

hang in there.
when i did mine i could have plain old non iodized salt. not sea salt. not kosher salt. but plain non iodized. has it changed?

OH and when i did it last i made homemade pico de gallo salsa. tomatoes chopped, onion chopped, lime, diet approved salt. and trader joe's corn tortillas with no salt, cut into triangles and fried. homemade chips and salsa. HEAVENLY!

gailaj said...

Hopefully it will go by fast for you...I never had to go through it, luckily for me so unfortunately can't provide insight on that front...except to remind you that Thyca publishes low iodine recipes, but you probably already know that.

Nana said...

Hang in there. Your a real trooper. Let this be the worse thing you will have to endure.

Unknown said...

Sounds a lot like my low cholesterol diet :) Hang in there, Mr. Nut.

geremy said...

no beer my friend? how will you do it?
bern