Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Diet

Sorry I have been so quiet, lately: work had been utterly crazy and the kids have been sick. And on top of it all, I have been dealing with The Diet.

I have seen some of the comments here and I don't mean to bitch too much. I know that on paper, the diet doesn't seem so bad. And it is definitely healthy, as some have cited, so that's good. It is hard to explain -- the only one who could help me out here is CrazyMama -- but it just sucks. It's not necessarily the lack of taste in the dishes; I could live with that. For me, it's more an issue that nothing is filling (and note that I already have a highly revved up metabolism) and there is no margin for error. So for me, there's a feeling of having a constant, insatiable hunger. I'll stop bitching now; after all it is only ten more days (knock on wood) if everything goes according to plan. Props again to the Wife, who has steeped up to the plate and beyond. Without her I don't know how I would get buy.

Post Quad Dipsea I am feeling pretty good physically; I went for my first trail run today and felt excellent, all things considered. I guess that is a good thing because it looks like I am running 12 marathons in 12 months, thanks to you all!

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

i agree fully! the diet just sucks. and knowing that if you F it up you could get a wrong reading on your scan adds to the pressure. it's not for a healthier lifestyle or weight loss its knowing that if you screw up you could miss something, or have to do it again. it's like messing up a colon prep for a colonoscopy, just something you don't want to do again so the pressure is ON!

hang in there. and WHOOHOO for the wife that is taking care of ya!

glad you are feeling good after the last race. i voted for the 12 in 12. good luck with that! ;)

Unknown said...

Is it too late to vote for the swim?

gailaj said...

Glad you're feeling better; sounds lame I know, but hang in there for the diet, sounds like your wife has your back.

I'd rather do the 100 mile but that's me :) Let me know if you're marathoning in the NYC area...