Monday, December 21, 2009

Ok, Here's the Plan

I wasn't thinking too much about my running endeavours these past few weeks, but I am getting back on track. I gave it consideration and and out of deference to my father, I am not going to go for 12 marathons in 12 months.Frankly I agree that it's too much and I also agree that I would get bored and tired of it come August.

So, I am going to do a modified version that I am calling the California Series. It's is going to look (still a bit loosely) something like this:

January: Phoenix Rock n Roll Half Marathon
February: Surf City Marathon (Huntington Beach)
March: either Napa Marathon or Los Angeles Marathon. Still tbd
April: Big Sur Marathon
May: Greenbelt 50k in LI with Todd, Payro and hopefully Gail
June: Off
July: San Francisco marathon
August: Off
September: Off
October: Long Beach Marathon
November -- Off
December: North Face 50k or 50 miler

During the "off" months I am going to try to work in some long swims, including hopefully (finally) the Big Shoulder 5k swim in Chicago with my boy Dave M.

So, that's looking like the plan. Anyone care to join me for any of the above? The one I'm most stoked for at the moment is Big Sur. The plan is to take that one particularly easy so I can enjoy the scenery.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

big sissy.i was only fooling. NOT. gs

Anonymous said...

You know the old saying drive a car to much and it runs out of steam....what about the body?

gailaj said...

SEE YOU IN MAY! Gail

Dave said...

I think Alcatraz swim fits nicely in your summer, too. What do you think? Oh, and don't go 5 for 5 on being "in" then being out for Big Shoulders :)

Payro said...

Leadville 100? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm down with GB50, but will probably throw one or two other ultras on my personal list, without all the painful marathons.

Z-Dog said...

Yeah Dude! I wanna see all of them bro!

Z-Dog said...

Yeah Dude! I wanna see all of them bro!

Z-Dog said...

Yeah Dude! I wanna see all of them bro!