Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New TV Season

I haven't written much about tv of late, probably because I have been too busy these days to really watch much. The real action starts in January with the kick off of the new seasons of 24 and American Idol. Until then, there's really not too much to get excited about except for -- dare I say, it -- Glee and Modern Family, which I have to say is probably the best new sitcom I have seen since the debut of the The Office. It is that good. And Glee -- well, all I can say is that the singing is very good, and the bubble gum plot line is mindlessly entertaining. The other show that has been getting better each week is Parks and Recreation. That one has solid potential. I also have to say that this is a pretty uneventful season of The Office. Not that it is bad -- like Seinfeld, it is always entertaining -- but it seems to have lost a bit of its original zany energy.

Anyway, that's that regarding TV. Am I missing anything? If so, I am all ears.

In other news, I got a bit of a lecture tonight from my father regarding my plan for 12 marathons in 12 months. He thinks it is asinine. I think that is kind of the point. Regardless, I will give what he had to say consideration before making a decision.

Coming later this week by the way: my top albums of 2009.

4 comments:

neil s. said...

the new season of friday night lights airing on direct tv is getting great reviews. you really should catch up berore it starts on nbc. another great season of dexter. californication was very weak. i really like that show bored to death on hbo - glad it got picked up. mad men was incredible. i wish the new season started tomorrow.

Jeff said...

I think the marathon idea is doable. Crazy? Yes. But to your point, that's the point. As long as you don't 'race' all of them but start slower and get into a good rhythm of rest after each one, I think you can do it. My concern is that it will be too easy over that length of time to bag it if you get too tired or bored, and other family commitments pop up. And there is no question IMO that you will start to dread it. So, the question I would ask is not whether you can do it physically, but are you committed to the mental challenge. And that's why I thought it would be best to go all-in and do it to raise money-- nothing like guilt and a good cause to make sure you don't stop! ;-)

P.S. Isn't it funny to think that a 100 mile run in the desert is a more reasonable option than something else? he he

Crazymamaof6 said...

I'm loving glee.

gailaj said...

I'm liking Modern Family too. And really miss Mad Men!