Friday, June 22, 2012

New Music

Well, the Miami Heat have won their championship. Only thing that can cheer me up form that today is music, and fortunately, some good music abounds.

For starters, the new Smashing Pumpkins came out this week. I mean new in every sense of the word; new album and new band. But Bill Corgan proves his point; he IS Smashing Pumpkins - it doesn't matter wheat band he had behind him - and this new album is excellent. I've been listening to it non- stop all week and it keeps getting better and better with each successive listen.

I also managed to get my hands on the new Linkin Park. I haven't formulated an opinion on this one yet only because I am spending more time with the above. At first listen, though, I think I'm slightly disappointed. Will spend more time with it this weekend.

Last but not least is the new Metric and the new Fiona Apple. Apple is getting across-the-board rave reviews. I need to listen to his more too but I like it. It's dark and Bill Holliday-ish sounding but she can sure write and sing. Metric is one of these bands that seem to have come from nowhere but are really excellent. I'm really digging on this one a lot too.

I've got some others as well, but these are the ones that are on high rotation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my comment...no comment.gs