Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Answer to CrazyMama's Questions

Ok Crazymama (as a sidenote and before I forget; headed to Phoenix this weekend. You around maybe for breakfast or lunch on Monday?) great questions. Here goes.

Number 1: Holidays?

Not sure exactly what you mean by this one. Are you asking whether I had a good holiday season? Yes, though I wish we did more and towards the end the kids were making me mental. I was very happy to return to work. Are you asking me whether I like holidays in general? Indeed. Very much. I prefer ones that we all can share together, aka Thanksgiving, 4th of July, etc., versus religious ones, but in general, I like holidays a lot. Now here is a sidebar, however: gift giving around holidays makes me mental. I simply don't get it and confess to being a terrible gift giver. Here's my theory as to what people should do in lieu of gifts. Everyone should determine at the beginning of the year, based on budget, finances, etc. a certain amount that they will budget for gifts -- for themselves. So if I had a good year let's call it say, $1,000 -- and voila -- I get to spend that on whatever the hell I want. But I get no gifts from others in return. I could accept that agreement. By the way, for me a small sentiment -- card, note, email, posting on this blog -- is gift enough. I mean that too.

Candy?

I'm not a big candy guy. My kids and wife compensate for that shortcoming, however. Especially the wife. She's the candy person in the house. I orient towards food that is saltier in nature, ala pretzels (especially pretzels). That being said, I love chocolate. Plain old Hershey bar works for me, though I like fancier chocolate too. Of late, I have been *really* into the milk chocolate covered graham crackers they sell at Starbucks. Man are they good (if not a tad pricey).The only other candy I like is anything in the gummy family: bears, worms, et al.

Beverages?

Again, Crazy, I love ya, but a little vague. Alcoholic beverages? I'm a scotch and beer guy. I'm a single malt snob and an emerging beer snob too. Coach Phil has turned me on to microbrews. I do not drink soft drinks at all. I might have one Coca Cola per year and when on planes, for some reason I will often order a Sprite. It's weird, I never order Sprite in the "real world"-- only on planes. Go figure. I also like fruit juices as well, but don't think that counts as a beverage per se in the spirit of your question -- does it? I drink one cup of coffee and one cup of green tea every day too. Do they count as beverages?

Color?

That's a good question. I posit: does any guy really have a favorite color? I'd have to say, if pressed, that I like black -- matte black. I like the sleekness of black. I have owned several black cars, black ipods, etc. It's just a cool color. I also like gun metal gray and silver, which is arguably one in the same, for the same reasons. It has a clean, modern, timeless look to it.

So -- that answer your questions sufficiently?

This is fun. WHo's next?

And oh yeah, my father is working on a guest column. I'll get working on the Wife too.

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

this was fun.
i figured you could interpret anyway you wanted to. on all of them.

yes i have time Monday. if you want to get together.


yeah you answered it great. all of them. beverage. i was thinking soft drink but you said you don't partake in the wonder. whatever. sprite on planes, that is odd.



holiday. love the gift giving theory. but how does that fly with the loved ones in your life?

i was thinking in general generic terms there too. if i had to name a fave holiday mine is Valentines day. if you give a gift or receive one it's just a HUGE bonus. it's the fun of giving, without the stress of winter holiday gift giving. and hey it's all about the love. i am totally commercial like that though.

great job on the manly color selection. and candy answering.

really is there any such thing as a wrong answer?