Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Answers to Mikey's Questions

Good boy, Mikey. Thanks for playing along. I'll tackle all three at once -- good topics. A bit bizarre, but par for your course coming from you.

Ok, the reason why at the end of the day I like California so much is that it's an interesting State.

It's by far, the most interesting place i've ever lived. No matter where you are: be it San Fran, Los Angles, Silicon Valley, Carmel, the Central Coast, San Diego, Fresno (ok, maybe not Fresno), Marin County, Napa, Irvine -- it's all interesting topography and location wise. In addition, a vast majority of these places are just beautiful. In fact, I would go so far as to say I've never been anywhere in California that I have found uninteresting. Each locale has it's own rich heritage and a unique vibe. Furthermore, there's a cool vibe in California that's hard to describe. Now take New York and Illinois comparatively. I'm not hating on either of these two spots; they both are pretty close to my heart for obvious reasons. However, if you go 20 miles outside of Chicago, there's nothing to see. NOTHING. And I think all of you Chicagoans and Illinois people would likely agree (respect, Melissa L, if you are reading this!). I am racking my brain but I can't think of a single place in Illinois outside of Chitown (and I will add once again that I love Chicago) that I feel compelled to visit. On the other hand, every time I visit some place here I want to go back. I think the same holds true in New York as well, except that I would say that the perimeter extends farther than the Chicago (in my opinion it extends out to include the Hamptons, Jersey shore, parts of Connecticut, and the Adirondacks) region. I'm also not at all a foodie, but have grown to love the produce, fruit, meat, etc out here; it's not just that it's all organic, it's that you can taste the difference.

And of course there's the w..........

So, did that answer the question?

___________________________________


Second, you asked me about vanity license plats. Simply but, they bum me. Badly. No offense to anyone out there who has a vanity plate but I find them pretty darn obnoxious. the worst is when you see a woman (respect, ladies) riding around here in Marin County in a freaking BMW M6 or other sick car with plates that read "Bunny's Beemer." Once again: bums me. I could go on but I bet you get my point.

___________________________________

Lastly, Mikey asked me about diapers. In what might be a surprise to some of you, they don't bum me. At all. My wife will back me up on that one. Short of massive intestinal issues (which my daughter used to boast from time to time) I had no problem whatsoever doing diapers. Now -- I have one important caveat. That was all in regards to my OWN kids. Changing other kid's diapers? Bums me. Big time.

So, there you go Mikey. I answer all these questions sufficiently? That was fun -- who's next? Bring it!

6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

great answers.

totally entertaining.

Anonymous said...

well done. the californian in you is more apparent than ever by your "bum me" and "doesn't bum me" qualifiers.

quirken said...

when I was visiting Howard and his family in CA recently, and thanks again solomon's for a great time, Howard would constantly pepper his kids with "bum you/stoke you" questions. Example:

"Summer, Summer, Summer, Sum, Summer, Sum. Pancakes at the Dipsea Restaurant. Bum you or Stoke you."

"Stoke me, dad."

"Zevan, Z, Zman, Z, Zdog, Zev, Zevan, buddy, HEY! Jeter. Bum you or Stoke you? California Marathon. Bum you or Stoke You? Uncle Wiley and Nicholas staying with us for three days. Bum you or Stoke you.

Lifting his nose out of a good book, "Stoke me, dad."

See, Howard's children not only share his great sense of humor but also his short attention span.

Also, I laughed really hard about changing other people's children's diapers. That has never happened to you or anyone you know. I mean come on?!

nicholas

Anonymous said...

What about having to wipe some other kid's ass when they are over for a play date with your kid?

Now that's always fun.

-TB

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, how does this sweater look?

Melissa Boehning Libert said...

Harsh, but true. IL is one damn boring state. Bloomington is tolerable and, hey, WE'RE here which makes it a tad more interesting.