Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our New President

Yesterday was obviously a terrific day for our nation, regardless of ones political affiliation. It's trite to say this, but the thing I find most amazing is the peaceful transfer of power. that, in a nutshell, defines our democracy. I have to confess too that I get caught up in all the pomp and circumstance, too. As the day wore on, I started to find the commentators a little tedious; I literally think they were running out of things to say. Regardless though, the visuals themselves from the sundry events provided enough of a tableu. So, again, a great day for our nation. Too bad that starting today, reality sets in. Will be interesting to see how long of a honeymoon or new President gets to enjoy. Regardless, I share the high hopes of millions.
________________________________________________

I'm recovering from the race, albeit slowly. Legs are absolutely shelled and Coach Phil has ordered a two week respite from exercise, though I intend to do some lite swimming. I'm going to use this time to figure out what challenge I plan to pursue in 09; right now, I am absolutely stuck, though leaning towards a focus on swimming. The way I look at it, I enjoy swimming, it's far less stressful on the body than all this running, I can do it with the kids, and I've never done open water races before, something which holds interest. And for sure, I'd like to swim to do an Alcatraz swim, which definitely qualifies as epic, being that it potentially involves sharks.

________________________________________________

Lastly, any Sprint customers out there? If so, I am curious as to your experiences. I am giving consideration to switching over once the Pre becomes available.

1 comment:

quirken said...

haha! Pre!
wow.

nicholas