Monday, January 12, 2009

Help Me with Topics

My brain if a bit fried from a 3,000 word article I have been working on for our company magazine. I'll tease you with this: the subject relates to this blog. I will be sure to publish a link when it is published, which should be in a few weeks.

Anyway, I am running out of ideas for topic and I'm also wondering whether there's anyone left out there reading this blog, so let's try this: name a subject - any subject -- and I will use that as fodder for my next few postings. My only request: keep it clean, people. And yeah dad, I am mostly talking to you.

________________________________

In other news, the new season of 24 is off to a fine start. I thought last night's episode(s) were awesome. Let's see how tonight's goes.

Anyway, gotta make this short. My dorky nine year old is laying under his covers watching a Yankees game from 2008 on his new ipod and I gotta get him to sleep.. He keeps yelling out to me updates from the game; you'd think it was the damn World Series versus an already played, nine month old, meaningless game. The ironic thing is he probably has already memorized every single play from this game; that's how dorked out he is on baseball. Unreal. And yet in a weird way, I'm proud of him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i resent the comment about keeping it clean that was directed to me. when did i ever not keep it clean.
for your next blogs:first an apology, then why not get some of your interesting friends to do guest blogs. they often have comments to add to your blogs so they are into much the same stuff and maybe much more.gs

Howard Solomon said...

I was joking dude -- but apologies all the same. Now get cracking on your guest column; it's been a while since your last. And what are you doing up so late?

Anonymous said...

apology accepted.gs

Anonymous said...

Have we lost it. Everything now resolves around electrical toys. Two year olds know what channels they want to watch and 4 year olds spend hours in front of the computer playing games and the latest the We game. Whatever happened to good old sports and sunshine. We all walk around with our famcy phones and spend so much time away from what really matters.

Communication, that is the key word and how many different ways do we now do it? Not directly person to person but with mechanical toys. Yes, we have lost it.

Anonymous said...

i'd like to read a column about why california is so great without one mention of the weather.

also, vanity license plates. i'd like to read about those.

also, diapers.

mb

Crazymamaof6 said...

i had to giggle at the newer post than this.
and now the conversation from nana and your dad.
RAD.

i wanna hear about your favorite things.
holidays?
candy?
beverages?
color?
and why.
you blog about sports,and electronics, and TV and music alot.
what about a guest blog from your wife. what does she think of your blog?

i blog about random stuff. every day.

readers fave posts are sometimes the ones that i think are totally retarded. like when i cleaned out my purse and listed it's contents.
and everyone loves a good random confession post.

Melissa Boehning Libert said...

You once told me about your fear of grass and how much you loved asphalt. I thought you were crazy then but now I understand. Seems like you've now warmed to non "city" life. How come? Kids? "Old" age? What do you think - is your love of grass temporary?