Friday, January 30, 2009

Random Thoughts

Long day and need to take the family out to dinner shortly, so a short post of random thoughts:

-- I'm in on Boston. Got the paperwork today and will submit tomorrow. Forget the naysayers (hello, Wiley!). More on this much later; I have a few more thoughts on the subject

-- the new Springsteen album, at first listen, is really good. I don't think it merits the five stars that Rolling Stones accorded, but real good all the same.

-- 70 degree weather in January (today, tomorrow) is the best.

-- Spring is around the corner; sun set at 5:20 pm today. Every extra moment of sunlight is a good thing.

-- Having friends visit from Chicago and family visit from Orlando, is a most excellent thing.

-- I love my kids but good lord are their moments where they try my patience.

-- Given the choice of swimming, biking and running, my choice might surprise. It's swimming. Something very therapeutic about a good swim.

-- I've said it before but will say it again: Bolinas is the coolest town ever.

-- Slumdog Millionaire is deserving of best film. Notorious is underrated. Paul Bart Mall Cart is bearable. But just barely bearable.

-- I am hungry; gotta roll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous that you've seen Paul Blart -- definitely at the top of my list.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you.