Friday, January 23, 2009

The President and I

I learned that President Obama and I share a common bond; a unique bond that puts us both in rarified air. No, it has nothing to do with our Chicago ties and everything to do with suit size; we are both size 40 long. The only thing weirder than 40 long is 39 long, which is near impossible to find, short of a special order. 39L is actually my optimal size, but it's so hard to find that I orient towards 40L, which requires a bit of tailoring. The net net of this little diatribe? President Obama is indeed a skinny dude. Just like me.

I'm back from a day in San Diego and a day in Los Angeles. Lucky me, I get to do it again on Monday. On the plane home I read a terrific article in the New York Times about the Wolf Pak,a notorious North Shore (Hawaii) surf gang. It was a terrific article; you can see the video story here. I hope I don't run into these dudes when I am in Hawaii next month.

Lastly, Aunt Penny is visiting from Florida and my kids are over the moon excited. Should make for a real fun week; Aunt Penny rules.

No comments: