Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year

Haven't blogged in a while; been too busy "twittering." I will let you figure out for yourself exactly what that means, dad.

I used the downtime of the past ten days to get myself back up to date in terms of the social media landscape. I did a lot of research, etc, and will likely have some cool stuff to report. I still think Twitter is a bit self indulgent, but I also beter understand the value. It's pretty interesting and can easily take away from blog time.

In other news, tomorrow life returns to normalcy and not a moment too soon. It's been awesome having some time to decompress, hang with the family, etc. but alas, all good things come to an end. Bottom line; love the kids, but they are driving us freaking nuts. Time for school.

I am reading the"The Chief," the biography of William Randolph Hearst, which is a fascinating read. I didn't realize exactly how privileged he was growing up; kind of like a late 19th century Donald Trump.

Lastly, I think I am ready ready to commit to The Wire. The feedback I get from nearly everyone is such that I think I have to give it a shot. I downloaded the first several episodes and will take it from there.

In other news, the Kids did another race recently and did fantastic yet again. The Boy won the race outright in a time of 7:10 and The Girl was first girl in a time of 8:24. I think they both have the gift, and I am trying hard to be encouraging yet not pushy. We will see how that goes. Right now, they are loving it, which is first and foremost.

Anyway, that's it for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is "twit" short for "twitter"?gs

Anonymous said...

The Wire is the best. It starts in the middle of things - so ti might be confusing at first. It will click by the end of the 2nd episode. By the way, when are you going to blog about the resurgent U-M hoops team? Beilein is the best coach Michigan has ever had

Anonymous said...

Papa started the wire and loved it. I am sure you will like it. He tried Deadwood and gave up. Go see Slum dog Millionaire. It was a movie not to be missed.