Thursday, January 8, 2009

Geeking Out

There were a couple of super cool new products introduced at this week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The first product that has me stoked is the Sony Vaio P series. Important disclaimer: not only is Sony a client, my firm (actually, my office) played a major role in helping roll it out. I got a sneak peak view of this a few months ago from my client, and did it ever impress. At a relatively reasonable price point ($900), I think this might be a "must have" so long as I can rationalize/find use for it business wise.

The other product that I found to be very exciting was the Treo Pre. Ladies and gentlemen: we finally have a new original phone, one which legitimately competes with the iPhone. I need to see this one to determine if it really delivers, but based on its specs it's almost too good to be true. It looks good, it has a very interesting and well thought OS and on paper, it fulfills virtually all my mobile needs. I feel like I have been seeking this device for a long while. The iPhone is good but falls short for business application; the keyboard falls short and the battery life stinks. The only downside to the Pre is that it is exclusive to Sprint. that's a problem.

Tonight was my last big workout before the Rock n Roll Phoenix marathon next weekend. The workout was 12 x 1000 meters, alternating between 6:30 and 7:20 pace. Holy freaking cow was that hard. I still a residual cough/chest thing from my cold a few weeks back, and though I was going to cough up a lung during this one. In fact, I just might have.

In other news, Florida just won the national championship. Good for them. Maybe one day Michigan will follow suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"reasonably priced" my ass, you shill. should be 1/2 the price. it's just a slick looking netbook. say hi to joanne trout for me.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen any movies lately? We went to see Gran Torino-Clint Eastwood. Dirty Harry is back. It was worth seeing. Had another big snow fall last night. We made it to Saratoga Springs for dinner before it started. They have opened up some really nice Bistro's and Art Galleries on some of the side streets.