Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Favorite: Athlete

Long day. Not sure exactly how single working parents do it. Too tired for a full fledged posting, so let's keep it to Favorites tonight. The question is: who's your favorite athlete of all time? Pretty tough call for me: I have so many ranging from childhood (Thurman Munson) through college through the current era. At the end of the day though, I'd have to say Lance Armstrong. He was my favorite even before I was diagnosed with cancer; I just love how he ripped his opponents heart out and ALWAYS rose to the occasion. His seven victories were all dramatic and each of them made my Summer. I can't wait to watch him again, though I am worried about this one. Given all he has obviously done to further the cancer cause really seals the deal though; he's a great role model for kids and adults alike. Go get 'em at the Tour, Lance.

So, that's mine. What about y'all?

4 comments:

nana said...

I just played your son in Monopoly and he bought houses like they were going out of style. I think this guy is a real player. He took all my money. Did you teach him the ropes? Now if he can do that in real life. Ok, he is only 10 and I am in my 60's.

Anonymous said...

liked willis reed, joe dimaggio,walt frazer but favorite was ben hogan. gs

michael said...

Childhood: Michael Jordan
Present Day: Lebron, also, myself

gailaj said...

For me it's a tie: Lance Armstrong (for the same reasons you state) and Tiger Woods, for his grit and concentration when he's on his game, and his honest assessment of his performance when he's not.