Sunday, June 28, 2009

My New Sport: Stand Up Paddling

We went to the beach in Sausalito today and my buddy Mark just bought a new paddleboard. This is a different type of board than the one I wrote about a year ago; this is a stand up board.  It's super wide and fairly easy to maneuver. I paddled around the Bay for quite some time until I got the hang of it and I have to say that ir was both super fun and one heck of a workout, mostly the arms and core. The Board is big enough that the Little Girl was able to get on it with me and we cruised around quite a bit. She was loving it and I think I might have to get one of these bad boys. The only problem is that they aren't exactly inexpensive. Let me know if anyone would like to sponsor me (read: you, Dad). It was a very California day in total: went for a long swim in the Bay, paddled around for a good while and then ran six miles (see previous post). And to top it off, it was 77 and blue skies. I couldn't ask for a more perfect day. 

Posted via email from Howard Solomon

No comments: