Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Update

Because so many of you have been inquiring ... still no word from Palm in regards to my shameless plea for a Palm Pre. I remain optimistic and stand by, waiting with bated breathe however. Let's see if the tech g-ds are looking after me as reward for serving them all these years as the mother of all early adopters.

In other news, let's see:

-- I'm fairly convinced that the Yankees are going to the World Series. They have been playing damn near perfect ball these past few weeks and one can't help but feel that all is right in the universe.

-- As previously posted, Born to Run is one terrific book and I'm following it up with one that's almost eqaully good: Road Dogs, by Elmore Leonard. It's astonishing that he can write as well as he does at the age of 83. He is truly the master of dialogue and this one has movie written all over it. More when I am finished.

-- I'm sad to report that the Eminem and Green Day albums are a disappointment. No other way to state it. Never did I think I'd be more interested in bands named Passion Pit, Sparklehorse, Dirty Projectors and Grizzly Bear than I would be in these two, but that is definitely the case.

- Lastly, but certainly not least, I think we have a real swimmer in the family. The Little Girl took first, second and third in her swim meet this past weekend, and improved her times in each (actually, it was first time she swam fly -- that's the one she won). The most important thing: she absolutely loves it. And I think she's also developing a bit of the eye of the tiger, too. Much like her dad, this one has crazy, mad energy coursing through her veins and swimming is a spectacular outlet for her.

That's about it for now. Off to a baseball game shortly -- Little League playoffs start tonight.

No comments: