Sunday, January 29, 2012

50/50

Nice weekend here in old Marin County, CA. The weather has been nothing short of astounding; 67, calm and blue skies. As you'd guess, that makes for a fun filled weekend of running (more like hobbling on this hip of mine; I'm pretty close to completely shutting down running until this starts to get better), swimming and CrossFitting.

The Wife and I also had the rare opportunity to go see a movie. We caught Contraband with Mark Wahlberg, which was entertaining though a little lite. Not bad though. We got home and then watched 50/50" the cancer movie starring Seth Rogen. It obviously hit a bit close to home, but I thought it was absolutely spectacular in every respect. It treated cancer accurately but at the same time was funny as hell. I've read mostly positive reviews but think this one is very underrated. It's out now on On Demand; if you haven't seen it yet, make it a priority. I don't think you will be disappointed.


No comments: