Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sugar Bowl Champions

It wasn't pretty. In fact, at times it was downright ugly. And it took more than a little measure of luck, which isn't exactly something us Michigan faithful are used to. But damn if we didn't pull off a miraculous win tonight.

I'm not sure how we did it and I'm not sure I will have the energy to recap that one - even as a rerun it will be emotionally and physically draining. But regardless of how it happened it was a win - an immensely big and important win for our program. It's the kind of win you can build off of for years.

I can't articulate how thankful I am for Coach Hoke and his staff. He set the tone for the year and made these kids believe in themselves. Man oh man - if you told me one year ago that we would go 11-2 with a win over Ohio State and a BCS game victory I'd literally laugh in our face.

So, thank you Coach Hoke. Very well done - you saved our program.

No comments: