Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pierce Bros Memorial Park

My friend Nasser who's been driving me for years in LA suggested that I check out Pierce Brothers Memorial Park and Mortuary in Westwood, LA. It's located about a block from my hotel and it's one of the most surreal places I have ever seen. I went for a walk there early this am and it was just me - and Marilyn Monroe. And Jack Lemmon. And Rodney Dangerfield. And Armand Hammer. Also Truman Capote. Walter Matthau. Roy Orbison. And Farrah Fawcett. And the list goes on and on.

Not sure what was cooler; how small (maybe an 1/8 of a mile in area space in total?) and secluded it was (an oasis in the desert just yards off of Wilshire Blvd) or the fact that it was completely non-denominational; celebrities intermingled with regular folks; muslims next to Jews.

Anyway, a very cool spot that I am glad I checked out.

No comments: