Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The End

Well, all good things come to an end and I'm thinking it might be time to retire this old blog. It's been a spectacularly fun five plus year ride, but like all good things, I am thinking its time has come. Not that it is a huge deal, but rarely anyone comments and daily "traffic" is down. Let me be clear - I'm not grovelling for comments or "views" - sincerely. I get it. I genuinely appreciate the sense of community that's formed around this site. It's all good.

So, here's what I am thinking. I am at post number 1130 (which is hard to believe in and of itself). I like nice, clean, round numbers so I will move towards 1200 posts and call it a day at that. That gives us a bit more time together.

I'll get more sentimental as the big day arrives but I've enjoyed doing this for multiple reasons, not the least of which is getting a little writing in each day. I suspect I will keep on going *something* but likely under a new name, on a different platform and with a little different "mission" (don't ask me what that means - I have no idea. But I have some time to think it through).

Anyway - that's the deal.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

say it isn't so howie. gs

Anonymous said...

This is pretty crappy news.
nq

Michael said...

That is totally lame. There is no reason to kill it. It's not like you have to invest countless hours proofreading and copy editing.