Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gallon of Milk a Day

For years I have been unsuccessful in my efforts to gain weight, despite the fact that my appetite is both constant and voracious. I've tried pretty much everything, but the problem as I see it is threefold: 1. genetic predisposition 2. a wonky thyroid (actually, no thyroid) and 3. with all the working out, my metabolism is pretty revved up.

My Crossfit guys suggested something that seems to have merit, but is pretty damn gross; drinking a gallon of milk a day. One dude at Crossfit is doing it and had put on eight pounds in two weeks. Like me. he's on the skinny side.

A gallon of milk a day. For those keeping count, that's a lot of milk. I started last night and am only four glasses in and already it's kind of gross. But - I will give it a go and see where it takes me. My goal is to hit 160 pounds - a weight I have never before seen. As of last night I was at 152, which is around where I have been hovering these past few months (I was unsurprisingly down to the mid 140's when training for the 100 miler).

I'll be sure to chronicle my "progress" in the coming weeks. In the interim, wish me luck. Think I am going to need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do you plan to lose the calcium after you gain the weight?gs