Monday, November 12, 2007

Michigan-Ohio State

Well, I may as well get this out sooner versus later. Here's my prediction: Michigan 24, Ohio State 17.

I'm not just saying this because I'm (obviously) a homer of a Michigan fan. I just thing that our seniors, particularly Hart, Henne and Long, do not want to go down as four times losers to OSU. I think they will will themselves to victory. Not to mention, the game is at home, which counts for a lot and I think the big kicker will be the announced retirement of coach Lloyd Carr, a rumor which is already lighting up the blogosphere.

I'll tell you what: if we can't win this year's game, we will never beat this team. Unless Les Miles (LSU coach) comes to the rescue.

Anyway, I make this prediction with tremendous trepidation. Tressel really seems to have our number, so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls another rabbit out of his hat.

I'll say one thing: it's not our offense I am worried about. Our defense looked absolutely abysmal against Wisconsin (not to take anything away from the Badgers because they flat out beat us, but I think we gave that one away knowing that Saturday's showdown versus OSU was for all the beans) and they are really going to have to step up their game if we are going to be competitive.

Anyway, even though I am down on Michigan football and have been for a while (a three loss season is a disaster in my book --not to mention we have two games yet to play), there is nothing like Michigan versus Ohio State.

To conclude, all I gotta say is this: Let's Go Blue! If the rumors are true, and it makes perfect sense that they are, let's send out the very classy Lloyd Carr in style, boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that we can win this game - and that it is on the defense to do so. As maligned as Henne/Hart/Long have been for not winning against OSU (or in the bowl) the real culprit in most of these games has been the defense. You're not going to beat OSU on the road when they score 41, like last year. let's hope the defense can pressure OSU and stop long runs from Wells.

Also, I'm worried about the right side of our offensive line. Very worried about that.

Ryan said...

I think in order to win this game Henne and Hart have to be able to play at near 100% the entire game. If they CAN, Michigan will win.

Mallet showed his inexperience!

Being at home is important. I think Michigan would have won last week if the game was played in AA.

I am sick of the talk about Carr's record against tressel! Nobody talks about Carr's 5-1 record before vesty!

If Lloyd does hang it up, I'll miss him. He is the consummate Michigan man that has never been given the credit he is due.

If you can, try to see a copy of HBO's special on the rivalry- it was great!

Go Blue!