Sunday, November 18, 2007

New Beginnings

As many of you who follow this blog know, there are two sports teams that I follow passionately: the New York Yankees and the Michigan Wolverines. Both have long illustrious histories and until recently, featured a manager/coach who will forever be linked with both programs. Both programs, though, have stumbled upon difficult times: the Red Sox have superseded the Yankees as the premier team in baseball, and Ohio State has done the same to the Wolverines, evidenced by the whupping they gave us yesterday. And now, both coaches appear to have moved on. Joe Torre is now a Dodger and as of tomorrow Lloyd Carr will soon be enjoying his retirement.

All I can say, is that new beginnings are oftentimes a good thing. Though I respect and admire both of these men immensely, and think that they both define the words "classy" and "gentlemen," in both instances I believe that a regime change is necessary and rather dwell on the past, I look forward to the future.

In regards to Michigan, please let us get Les Miles. I am guessing he will win the national Championship, and as a result will feel compelled to return to LSU despite his strong ties to Michigan. If this occurs, I might cry. I am not quite willing to hand the keys to the proverbial kingdom to an "up and comer" such as the Cincinnati coach, which is a rumor that is picking up buzz. Not our football program. Though I embrace change, I still think a Michigan man should coach a Michigan football team.

The next few week should be really interesting......

3 comments:

Michael said...

I totally agree. Although I have regards for both men, it was definitely time for a change on both accounts.

Anonymous said...

A new chapter beckons for Michigan.

I also hope that it's Miles. Will be tough, though, if he wins a title this year.

Anonymous said...

how about me. i once coached touch football and am a michigan old man.gs