Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Heat

Man oh man; I actually think it may have been hotter today in SF than it was in Mexico; at one point my car temperature gauge read 90. Pretty astonishing for April.

I ran two (hot) hours on the trails; coached baseball for another two hours; took the little girl swimming, and have a *tad* bit of jetlag from Mexico, so a short post tonight as I am wiped out.

A few recommendations:

-- I'm only about 60 pages into Richard Price's new novel, Lush Life, but thus far it definitely merits the positive reviews it has garnered. It's classic Richard Price and the dialogue is just superb.

-- I have a TON of new music. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all but a few albums that I initially recommend include: the Black Keys (bluesy in the spirit of early Led Zeppelin; Does It Ofend You (still not sure how to categorize these guys yet, but my man Beno compared them to Daft Punk, which works for me); Lupe Fiasco (the best hip hop album I have heard in a *long* while; Islands (indie rock-ish); and Man Man. I confess that while on vacation I also listened to a lot of Blink-182 and I gotta say: they definitely aren't half bad, though I am much more partial to their new band Angels & Airwaves.

-- This new MacBook Air. So far I am very impressed; much more so than I anticipated. It's really changed the way I interact with my laptop; I used to avoid schlepping my old one (despite it's relatively small profile(s)) but carrying the Air around, whether to LA, on various business meetings, or even on vacation, is virtually effortless. My original concern was that it only had one USB hub, but thus far, it really isn't an issue at all. Bottom line: I am loving it.

Lastly, congrats to my buddy Jeff for killing it at Ironman Arizona today in tough conditions. He trained super hard for this one and really earned his great performance. Well done, Jeff!

No comments: