Friday, April 4, 2008

Off to Mexico

It's Spring Break for the kids and we are getting set to head out to our annual sabbatical to sunny Puerto Vallarata. The agenda will include: hanging out, running, ocean swims, tennis, hanging out, eating tons, hanging out and drinking margaritas. I must say, to borrow a phrase from my dear friend Mr. Spicoli: I'm stoked.

I bought the new Richard Price book, which has gotten critical acclaim and have a ton of new music from a colleague that I will review when I get back (two new albums that are really impressing are Lupe Fiasco, for all you hip hop aficionado's, and the Black Keys, for all you fans of 70's=style rock).

So in other words, I am all set. I'll be sure to send a few posts from the road and I'll pick back up with my "Remembering" series when I return; it would not be complete without a dedicated post to Grandpa Willie.

I received from really great feedback in regards to my post about Brian, below, which makes me happy.

I'm glad he's being remembered and discussed.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Hope your trip is awesome! sounds like some fabulous plans.

Anonymous said...

I was in Puetra Vallerta about 20 years ago and there was a great place called Archie's Wok. I just looked online and it's still around. You been?

Anonymous said...

i wish i were one of your kids instead of the other way around. you do great vacations. gs