Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stanford

I had a meeting late this afternoon that was on the campus of Stanford University. I've been to Palo Alto many times before, but all these meetings have been within the tech corridor. So, this was my first time on campus and all I can say is holy cow: this might be the prettiest campus I have ever seen, and I include the Ivy's.

It is astonishingly beautiful and Palo Alto is just a super cool town (I might be off the mark here a bit, but I believe that Palo Alto is the most expensive area code in the country, right ahead of Beverly Hills). I got to my meeting a bit early so I walked around and fortunately for me I was near the sports facilities (track, football, tennis). I easily found the track and was fortunate enough to catch a bit of an outdoor practice. This might not sound like much to any of you, but I'm a bit of a track and field dork and Stanford alway has one of the best squads in the country. I watched a few of the dudes running quarter miles and holy cow, were they just flying. I went to look at the training facility and it was just insane. I guess a school with an endowment like Stanford's can (more than) take care of their athletes.

Anyway, if any of you are ever West, I suggest taking a trip to check out this campus, which s otherwise known as the Harvard of the West. I'm a michigan man through and through, but I have to say I wouldn't mind if either of my kids went to this school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that today is your and neil,s birthday. happy birthday both.gs

Anonymous said...

Dear H, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

NANA AND PAPA