Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hill Night

I am so tired from my hill workout tonight that I can't see straight so a relatively short post tonight.

Hill night (Wednesday) for all those who are interested, consists of a 15 minute run to a big old hill down by Tennessee Valley (and when I say big, I mean BIG. This bad boy goes up at a gradual but steady rate fro 1.4 miles -- with virtually no reprieve). Once I get to said hill, I generally run 5 x 2 minutes at around half marathon pace. Trust me when I say that it's a long ass two minutes. Then after a short break of oh, about a minute, I run 5 x 1 minute at 10k pace. Then I run 15 more minutes back home. Then I eat a lot and generally go to sleep early.
________________________________________

Got home to catch the last two innings of the Yankees game with the Little Boy. I think the Yankee's are starting to play better ball, but I think there are some major causes for concern, the chief being the young pitches - most especially Hughes and Kennedy, are simply not stepping up. Mussina looked good tongith but he is definitely starting to show his age. The bats are fine but that is expected given that lineup. If one or more of the youngsters fail to step up, however, it could be a very long season.

_______________________________________

I got some terrific music lately that I highly recommend, including the Cut Copy (I don't know who these guys are but they are really terrific), the new Morning Jacket and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. More detailed reviews forthcoming.

No comments: