Friday, April 25, 2008

Pop Culture Predictions

Just back from a Friday night baseball game. The Little Boy played great once again. Highlight tonight included a terrific play at second base that got him rousing applause. He was rather proud of himself. Actually, I was too. All those grounders I've thrown this past year are finally paying off for something.

Pretty zonked so will keep this lite tonight. Couple of pop culture predictions:

1. David Archelleta will edge out David Cook to win American Idol.

2. David Cook will prove to be by far the biggest recording star.

3. Cut Copy's new album will be voted by Pitchfork as the best album of 2008. Keep in mind it's only April and this prediction is subject to change.

4. The Office will come to be regarded as the Seinfeld of this decade. The last two episodes have been off the hook.

5. Harold and Kumar will prove to be the movie of the year and will garner an Oscar nomination. Suffice to say, I can't WAIT to see this one.

6. I will buy the new 3g iphone the day it comes out (editors note: this has nothing to do with pop culture, i know. I'm just sayin')

7. Indiana Jones will exceed the hype. I mean: how could it not? The Little BOy and I are contemplating pitching a tent and sleeping out the night before this one comes out. THAT is how stoked i am.

8. Tom Cruise will melt down again on Oprah's couch next week.

9. Gossip Girl will prove to be the new OC.

10. I will get a life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

#10 ain't gonna happen