Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Man Am I High

This is the highest I have ever been while typing a blog post: 30,000 feet to be exact. Virgin recently introduced on air wifi and I am in absolute heaven. I'm sitting here, doing email, iming with staff, typing a blog post. This rules! I could do it all day. COme to think of it, with a six hour flight I WILL be doing this all day!

What did NOT rule was waking up at 6:00 pm EST and dragging my sorry and sore ass (and legs) to the airport. I am hurting pretty badly but that's the price you pay for having fun. Last night I went downtown and grabbed a quick bite to eat and a drink with the Livestrong folks. They have an amazing staff and are doing great work and I am very proud to have done my part in helping raise funds. Though I don't feel particularly good about my marathon time (not that I am dwelling all that much on it) I feel GREAT about the fundraising aspect and thank you one more time for the support.

Anyway, after a week in Mexico and now this it's time to get back to real life. I have a ton of work to get to, and I am happy for the first time in a long while to not have a marathon hovering over my head like damocles sword.

I am not sure what my future holds in store for me athletics wise, but I will going to spend a week doing absolutely nothing during which time I plan to contemplate "what's next."

I am pretty serious though in that I am done with road marathons for a long while. I'm definitely going to take it back to the trails. And the pool. And maybe even the bike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a marathon. did you notice the boston college coeds leaning on the police barricade trying to cheer on the runners. did you notice the group with low cut blouses showing a lot of themselves in that position. many runners slowed down at that point to give high fives,get phone numbers and just stare. what a marathom.gs

Anonymous said...

congrats how

rob