Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beer

Living in Northern California you'd think I am a wine guy but I'm really not. I know enough about wine to be dangerous and I know what I like but what I REALLY like, more so than wine, is beer. In fact, thanks in good part to my beer mentor, Coach Phil, I'd go so far as to say I'm turning into a beer snob. So much so that I think I'll add the occasional beer review to these here pages.

 Anyway, the beer I am about to drink which is pictured here is a Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. I don't know what to say except that it is award-winning for good reason: it's one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

 Dogfish Head has national distribution and if you like good beer, I suggest you seek this one out. It's a tad expensive but worth the price.

Posted via email from Howard Solomon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

made from dogs or fish?gs

Anonymous said...

made from dogs or fish?gs

Anonymous said...

Beer snob, scotch snob. The next thing I know, you'll be listening to Jazz!

-Todd

Ben Libert said...

Have you done a tasting menu at Ashley's (in AA)? Don't know when they started that. Was there several years ago late afternoon maybe hockey game later thought it would be fun was only ~$6-8 and out comes four half (read: three-quarter) pints (each.) Lot of beer. One of which was a Dogfish in my flight of IPAs (probably not the same exact brew.) Good stuff.

df said...

Watched anthony Bourdain last night and he was in SF. Make a reservation at Incanto on an offal night and Nicki and I will meet you. FYI - while eating the offal, they were drinking Hitachino White Ale, which I highly recommend.

payro said...

I like the 90 minute, I know beer fans love it, but I prefer the 60 minute if you haven't tried it. Not quite as heavy, but still nicely hoppy, more drinkable than the 90.