Friday, May 18, 2007

Best Website Of All Time

Since I'm laying it all out there, I may as well make a confession that's sure to land me in the hall of fame of dorkdom; one of my guilty pleasures in life is playing online scrabble.

When we lived in Chicago I played nearly every night on games.com, until they took the scrabble area down for licensing reasons. That was a dark day indeed. Anyway, I couldn't find a good online site, until a few weeks ago when I came upon www.scrabulous.com.

I don't even know what to say other than it's the best site of all time. You can play for time, set parameters, and most important, play for ranking; it's essentially the mother of dorky scrabble sites. And I'll have you know, I've got my groove back: my rating is currently 1520, which pretty much puts me up there, though I hasten to add that I got destroyed the other night by a 1700 level player. So, if anyone is ever up for a game ping me, or catch me on the scrabulous site. My handle is HowardSol.

Anyone still with me on this post? I didn't think so.

Out for tonight; it's been a long week.

Have a good weekend peeps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sellers here - no pulling any punches, it is pretty damn dorky, but i love you all the same. glad you came out (sort of like another someone i know coming out with dungeons and dragons in high school)

Anonymous said...

gs says you are the Renaissance man of trivia

Anonymous said...

Not dorkier than Rock-Paper-Scissors contests when on spring break in Ft. Lauderdale.

Great fun, but can you imagine what that must of looked like from an outsider's POV?