Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tri Time

So, a bit of back and forth but still haven't heard from my doc today. I am going to bite my tongue and give him the benefit of the doubt but am prepared to unleash the fury if I don't get answers I am looking for tomorrow. Another example of our not-so-great medical system. I'm feeling optimistic bu still want to understand exactly what "no uptake to the thyroid bed" means. Note I still have a neck CT and MRI scheduled for next Friday.

Between work and the health stuff it's been a crazy week. I got home tonight from LA, looked at my calender and realized -- I have a triathlon on Saturday! Holyfreaking cow. While it is *only* a sprint distance race, I can't articulate how out of shape I am at the moment. I'm certain I will finish, even if it involves walking, but damn - I'm not really feeling ready physically, though I am kind of stoked to be out there racing (I use the term loosely) again.

My goal for this race is simple: don't finish last. But even if I do, screw it: finishing a tri of any distance inside 30 days of being massively hypo is somewhat a feat in and of itself. Or at least that's the excuse I am using for what's sure to be a somewhat dismal performance. Anyway, in the grand scheme of things - whatever. I've learned the race is not about finishing time, but simply the manner in which you finish.

Stay tuned for a weekend race report and ladies -- be prepared for the possibility of pictures of yours truly in lycra.

(Ps. My boy Dave M is still in town and sends a big shout out to y'all. We're taking the day off tomorow and planning a boy's day. Details to follow on this too)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck on the sprint. hey hey to dave. enjoy the boys day. i'm running the honolulu marathon in december, if you want to join, be stoked. december 9.

lt

Anonymous said...

mpymszdrvmsxjsymqxkux. acne treatment
ntwgqw