Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Good news ... I think

I just got back a short while from a four mile run here in Southern California (traveling for business). I got back to my room at 6:50, checked my cell and noticed I missed a call from my doctor ... at 6:49. One freaking minute!

My doctor is off on Wednesdays, but his assistant left a voicemail stating that the scan appears to be clean: "no indication of metastatic disease in the groin, hip, or lungs."

Then she said something that has me slightly perplexed: "There also appears to be no indication of uptake to the thyroid bed."

Hmmm. That seems a bit at odds with my last scan, which showed a hot spot pretty much as clear as day. So ... I'm not sure exactly what "no uptake to the thyroid bed" means, but I am sure I'll get an explanation in the am from my doctor. Cancermom, you out there? Any thoughts on your end? I think you've recently been through something similiar.

For right now, I'm going to take this as good news. In fact, while I'm trying hard not to get too far ahead of myself, I'm having a quasi-celebratory scotch here in the hotel lobby.

That's it for tonight; hopefully more clarification tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sellers here

Sending you all the best vibes in the world and wish I could join you on that scotch.

can't wait for the next post!!!

Liza Berlent said...

Howie, thanks for the update on the PET. I think we all raise a collective scotch to you and to your good health and for your wonderful sense of humor and to April (one of the finest scotches i know). And yes, knock the blog off your top 10 man. /lb

Anonymous said...

H - That's great news about your PET. Hopefully the mystery of your last scan will be solved.

Drink up!

Anonymous said...

thanks y'all! LIza -- real good to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

great news homie. i am having a scotch at my desk right now in your honor (and that shall be my defense if (read: when) someone realizes that i'm working drunk).

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, fantastic news. What's the latest update?

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up for your
great information you have got right here on this post. I am returning to
your blog for more soon.

My weblog - weightloss diets