Monday, March 10, 2008

Hypocrisy

Man, I thought I had seen and heard it all until today. I still think I am imagining this one: did Elliot "Holier than Thou" Spitzer *really* get nailed today (pun absolutely intended) in a prostitution scandal? Is this really true? Hypocrisy is what I absolutely hate most about politicians (and non-politicians too for that matter), regardless of party affiliation, race, gender, etc. I am astonished that a guy like this, someone who has spent his entire career grandstanding against others could be so cavelier as to do something this: 1. immoral, 2. stupid, 3. careless 4. did I say stupid?

By the way, my problem has nothing to do with prostitution, which probably should be legalized anyway ala Las Vegas, but I will save that diatribe for another day. My problem is lying, hypocritical, full of crap, "above the law" politicians. I think in this instance, Spitzer should do the right thing and resign. I suspect he won't however. They never exit in a proper manner. Doesn't matter much: politically, he's toast.

Who int he world ever would have though that the Governor of the Republic of California would be leagues better than all these fool? He's pretty out of it himself, Governor Ahnold, but the thing I like about him is he doesn't take himself too seriously, he's self deprecating, he relishes in his political incorrectness and oh yeah: he gets sh*&t done.

Anyway, in my opinion, this is the story of the year thus far with Lisa Presley's pregnancy a close second.

If you stop and think about it, this really is an incredible world in which we live, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should put the picture of the turkey at the top of today,s blog.now that,s funny,i don,t care who you are.gs