Thursday, March 27, 2008

Scan Day

What an unbelieveably hectic, crazy few days. Interestingly, and without divulging too much due to confidentiality, I've been in a series of meetings these past two few days with a group of high powered Hollywood types who have some very grand and ambitious plans for attacking cancer. I love my job and I love what I do, but for the first time ever I felt that I should be sitting on the other side of the table and working with them on this one. Once I can talk more on this topic I will, because this one is fascinating.

This was also one of the first times I have been in the spotlight from a Survivor perspective. It was definitely an interesting and almost surreal experience and I realized that without question, I have a measure of experience on this subject that is unique. I've also learned there's a bit of a difference between touched BY cancer and touched WITH cancer.

My second meeting with this group was early in the am in Beverly Hills and ironically enough given the subject matter, I had to leave a few minutes early to catch a flight back to SF for scans. I'm just now back from my ultrasound and blood work and won't have the results back for a few more days. While I am optimistic, there's no doubt that these tests are unnerving as hell (not the tests themselves, but rather the waiting part).

Anyway, will definitely share my results when they are known.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The waiting game. We wait for almost everthing we do. Restaurants, Laundry, Dentist appoints, Car service and traffic. The worst of all is the waiting for test results. To bad we don't have a space on our internets for results for test. It would be so easy to pull up our appoints and find out the results at our convenience and in our own space. That would be easy and we wouldn't have to wait. GOOD LUCK and know we are just as anxious to hear the results as you are. Nana

Crazymamaof6 said...

the waiting is the WORST! THYROID cancer teaches you patience that's for sure! it's such a slow paced watch and wait kinda thing.

heres some more GOOD VIBES!
the actual tests are EASY it's the anxiety before and the waiting after that make it no fun.

wow that would be an interesting meeting . were they expecting your personal experience and perspective?