Thursday, March 20, 2008

Questions

I've been busy as hell the past few days between work and reconstructing my freaking computer (don't ask). Anyway, a few questions I've been meaning to pose:

1. anyone else besides me watching John Adams on HBO?

I like the concept of this show and the set pieces and costumes are amazing (it cost over $100 million) but thus far, it's the world's best cure for insomnia. It would be a shame if it doesn't get better. I'm going to write these first two episodes off to "character development."

2. why does the new Governor of New York get a free pass for his indescretions?

Don't get me wrong, I think Spitzer got exactly what he deserved, but the first thing this new Governor announces is that he has had multiple affairs (as has his wife!) and yet he gets a free pass. Why's that?

3.does anyone besides me hope that Terrell Pryor becomes the biggest flop ever?

Absolutely, call this one sour grapes. If he picked Michigan I'd probably be singing a different tune. Something I don't like about this kid though; I think he's trouble. And what's with him announcing that he's attending "The University of Ohio State." (thanks for the correct information on this Scoot). Uhhh, dude; it takes you forever to choose a school, you turn it into the biggest drama ever AND THEN YOU GET THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL WRONG DURING YOUR PRESS CONFERENCE?

4. why is is that someome who knows so much about technology (that would be me) so freaking inept at something as relatively simple as rebuilding a hard drive.

That one is fairly self explanatory.

5. why does this TV season suck?

I guess we can blame this one on the writers strike but it seems like with the exception of reality tv-base shows, there's nothing on. Thankfully, however, AI is getting near to high season. No question in my mind that the Kid David A wins, btw.

6. why did I finally pull the trigger and purchase the MacBook Air?

'Cause I travel a ton and the tax man was kind to me. Or at least that's how I am rationalizing it to myself.

7. Why am I flying to Seattle tomorrow?

Because I am trying to set the world record for most trips in one quarter: thus far we have nine trips to LA, one to NYC, one to Phoenix, one to Hawaii and now Seattle. And there's several others in the docket.

That's it for now. More from Seattle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#2 - This one is easy. We can all rationalize that he thought it was his wife. Or, at least just be impressed that the blind guy with Mike Tyson-like voice could get more than one woman to sleep with him.

#5 - You didn't watch Breaking Bad.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Papa watched John Adams. Check with him in Seattle. You know you will have a good time. Relax, enjoy. It's all about family. Nana