Monday, November 3, 2008

400!

This is my 400th post. Damn. That is something, if I do say so myself. The equivalent of more than a year's worth of consecutive posting. I never, ever, ever thought when I started this thing that I'd make it this far. Some days when I go to post I Iook at my screen and think "enough. I've written about everything I have to say." And then on other days I have three or four topics in mind. Go figure. I've wrestled with possibly calling it a day and starting a blog that's focused on a more singular subject (one NOT having to do with cancer) but I'm not exactly sure what that subject would be. Plus, I think I'd miss this and my daily postings. It helps keep my writing (relatively) sharp, which has benefitted me work-wise and hell, I'll say: it's actually fun. And not to mention all the comments from my father; without question, this has become our front line for communicating. And who else would I have to regale with stories regarding my training, dumb races, etc? Riveting stuff, I know. So, I think, to quote Mr. Dylan, I will keep on keeping home. Hope you decide to stick it out with me.

______________________________________

In other news, I would like to Congratulate The Wife for singularly keeping our economy moving forward. Our little (actually, not so little) bathroom project has morphed into much, much more. All of a sudden I have six painters in the house (for the record, painting all the doors in the house white was her idea, not mine. Someone has forgotten we have two little kids, But that's a story for another day), and a decorator has been brought into the mix. And there's rumor of new carpet for the upstairs. And something about track lighting. As we approach election day, and in the face of a recession, you really have to hand it to her for showing her patriotism and not being afraid to spend.

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

congrats on 400 posts! that is awesome!

WHOOHOO for the wife. getting it done! that is a huge undertaking. and if i had the funds to stimulate the economy, I'd be all over it. finishing my half assed remodel my husband wanted but i was against. white doors are clean and crisp and can be repainted. to phrases you should use frequently are "it looks great" and "whatever you think honey"
and things will go smoothly.
:)

Crazymamaof6 said...

that was supposed to be TWO phrases.
good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

you are right . i am addicted to your posts. (it,s about time i was addicted to something). keep it up and i,ll do my thing. and congrats.gs

Anonymous said...

I would really miss your Blog. Please don't stop. You are a wonderful father, Husband snd writer and best of all a great son-in-law. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Your wife is a saint -