Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Go Get 'Em Kid

My main man Payro, who's my good friend and training/ultra buddy, is getting set to head out to Arizona for the Javelina Jundred; his first 100 mile run. I am sad and admittedly a bit jealous that I'm not running this one with him, but alas it wasn't in the cards this year. Wasn't even in the cards for me to get out their and crew for him in the Arizona desert. Anyway, I am sure he will do great; working with Coach Phil, he's executed on a solid plan and I am sure all the training will manifest itself in a great race this weekend. He is a fairly regular reader and poster to this site, so wish him well in the comments section. I will be posting race updates to the blog through the course of the weekend.

_________________________________________


On the topic of races, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do in 2009. My problem at the moment is that nothing really stokes me. Triathlon? Been there, done that. Ultrarunning? Short of a 100 miler, same thing (though the 100 miler does hold appeal). Marathon training? That is my current objective. Coach Phil came up with an interesting idea though: an epic swim and an epic, multi-day run. I've long wanted to the Maui Roughwater swim (around 7 miles I think) but this looks interesting too. Thoughts and anyone interested in possibly joining as my partner?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about a 6 hour stint in a hot tub with a cigar, your beloved single malt scotch, and some of the crazy music you seem to dig. (skip the music and i,m in there with you. gs

Anonymous said...

how about a 6 hour stint in a hot tub with a cigar, your beloved single malt scotch, and some of the crazy music you seem to dig. (skip the music and i,m in there with you. gs

Anonymous said...

how about a 6 hour stint in a hot tub with a cigar, your beloved single malt scotch, and some of the crazy music you seem to dig. (skip the music and i,m in there with you. gs

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I was hoping to do a 100 miler this year (having never tried one), but unfortunately had to cut my training due to Achilles tendonitis on both sides now (harder to ignore than when it was on one side ;)...but I just can't get excited (or as you say, "stoked") about a shorter race these days.....

Anonymous said...

PS -- Good luck to your friend, Payro!

Crazymamaof6 said...

Good Luck Payro!
the weather here has been beautiful this week! hopefully it holds for your run!