Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Without doubt, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. I like everything about it: the extended weekend, the food, running a 5k race in the morning (my own little tradition), watching football, the fact that everything is closed. It's generally just a nice, relaxed day and that has become a bit of a rarity, in my own life at least.

We have a mini tradition in our family where before we eat, all the kids (I say plural in that since moving to California, we always do Thanksgiving with friends) all the kids go around the table and mention something they are thankful for for. SInce I am a big kid at heart myself, here goes a few things for I am thankful for as well:

--TrueBlood (I'm gonna miss that one)
-- the new Guns n Roses, which is good, regardless of what the critics say
-- the new Artie Lange biography, which is simultaneously hilarious and poignant
-- all my friends across the world, including everyone who is reading these words
-- my San Francisco family and my disbursed family
-- a very special shout out to my mother-in-law, who rules
-- my health -- and yours too

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to say your kids were the best during my recent stay watching them. It was a piece of cake. Thanks for updating my I-pod, yes, some grandmothers enjoy a little rap along the way. It sure was a long way home (11 hours with one stop-over). Happy thanksgiving to all the family and especially to all your friends that made my stay so welcome.

Crazymamaof6 said...

Happy thanksgiving!
it's my favorite 2 days of the year. technically it's the day after that gets fave label but i love the day of too for the fun family time. and i'm one of those freaks lined up for the bargains in the wee hours of the morning. WHOOHOO!

hope your thanksgiving is awesome!