Thursday, November 13, 2008

Things That Stoke Me

Things in general that stoke me:

-- A harvest full moon glistening off the San Francisco Bay on a crisp Fall evening. I wish I could capture the a photo of the view from my house right now. It's indescribeable.

-- Our new President-elect.

-- New (and free), interesting music from the boys at RTP.

-- 75 degree weather in November.

-- Back to back weekend weddings for two good friends (which will necessitate a bit of travel over the next two weeks, but such is life).

-- Impending Thanksgiving Day holiday; my favorite holiday of the year.

-- Baseball offseason awards and free agent signings. Keeps baseball season alive in a sense for me and the Little Boy.

-- Miami Ink and LA Ink. I don't make it a point to watch this show but it's a great one to stumble upon randomly. Almost makes me want to get inked myself. Almost being the operative word.

-- On the subject of TV, HBO's TrueBlood, the best show of the season. This one keeps getting better and better.

-- Howard Stern Show and these days in particular, Artie Lange (anyone read his new book lately).

-- A new botle of Macallan 12.

-- My boy Payro getting ready to tow the line, solo. Godspeed, Kid.

-- Visitors from NYC. Chicago too for that matter.

-- Tony Tuttas Pizza in Marin. Organic pizza? I must be turning into a Californian. this is worth the trip to Cali alone though.

-- Being one last long run away (tomorrow morning -- 18.6 miles) from being done with this marathon training. I'm starting to get a tad burnt out and looking forward to putting this season behind me.

-- The Wife and Kids, all of whom have been pretty darn terrific of late.

I could do a length of things that don't stoke me (hello economy), but trying to avoid negative ju ju.

Anyone care to add to the list?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

reading your blog( most of them ).gs

Anonymous said...

day drinking on fall saturday afternoons with the girl

Anonymous said...

MIchigan basketball. I kid you not. The turnaround there has begun. And the Knicks as well, for that matter. Definitely winning more games already. Michigan football?; not so much

Unknown said...

If you dig Miami Ink, check out my blog: www.victoriasrighthip.typepad.com/