Monday, November 17, 2008

He Finishes!

Super huge props to my boy Payro for finishing his first (and from the sounds of it, last) 100 mile run. He ran under really tough circumstances (Arizona desert heat) and from what I understand he suffered greatly the last feww hours, but I never questions that he'd finish -- and in the spectacular time of 23 (that's hours): 46. Under 24 hours is a huge benchmark in ultrarunning and a major, major accomplishment.

I'm stoked for him and now that I saw a picture of his belt buckle (what you get for finishing under 24 hours), I'm thinking I want one too. Not sure if I have the time in my life to do the kind fo training that a race like this necessitates, but something I am giving consideration to all the same.

Congrats and well done, Payro; feel free to post a race report.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Payro - under 24 is amazing for a first "100." Definitely on my list of "things to do in life"...

Crazymamaof6 said...

Congrats to Payro! it's been beastly hot here! that is a HUGE accomplishment running in that nasty heat. and in awesome time.

Anonymous said...

How the hell do you do that?

nick

Anonymous said...

why the hell do you do that. (successor to "how the hell do you do that)gs

Anonymous said...

congrats Payro! can you post a photo of the buckle?

Anonymous said...

Because 26 miles just isn't enough. Nor is 50 or 75 for that matter. Utter insanity. Payro deserves our congratulations and recommendations for a good team of mental health professionals.

-WAZ

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all. Howard has a photo of the buckle, I'm sure he can post it. I'll have a race report soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Payro!!!!!!

What's next?

:-)

Anonymous said...

What's next? Getting the swelling in my feet and legs to go down would be a good start.