Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weddings

I don't think I have ben to the wedding of a close friend in nearly a decade, and yet I have back-to-back wedding weekends these past two weeks. Last weekend our friend Blake got married in Sonoma (alas, a shot commute from Marin County) and I had the honor along with my friend Todd, of being best man. It was a terrific wedding that featured fantastic 80 degree weather and a good time was had by all. This coming weekend we are headed to Detroit for the nuptials of our good friend Steve-O. 42 years in the making but alas, all good things must come to an end. Looking forward to seeing almost all the Michigan boys. Nana Silk, the best mother-in-law a boy could ask for, was kind enough to fly in to help watch the Kids. If you are reading (versus chasing two hyperactive kids, both of whom have some sort of mystery fever virus), you are the best, Nana.

Speaking of Michigan, this is one putrid season and it seems to get worse (today's news is that two of our young guys are transferring). Alas, there's always next year and things have got to get better.

Lastly, t minus two and a half weeks to this damn marathon and I cannot wait. It's been a long season, I am constantly tired and hungry and it's getting to be a pain running in the dark. I'm at the stage where if I qualify for Boston, great, and if not, not: i just want the damn thing to be over.

No comments: