Sunday, November 2, 2008

US Half Marathon

I ran the US Half Marathon early this morning (emphasis on early; damn race started at 7 am). Didn't quite go as I had hoped; legs were a bit shelled from the last week and it featured three monster climbs. I finished in 1:42 which I guess is somewhat respectable given the course profile, but was a tad disappointed nonetheless. Such is life. As Coach Phil says "just be happy to be out there." Works for me.

I got home and the kids were going bonkers from being indoors all weekend (we had an epic rain yesterday, our first of the season) so I took them for a walk. And man, did we ever walk. We went from our house all the way downtown and as any of you who've visited us can attest, that's a haul. I was pretty proud of them for making it the entire way without complaining. I think it had a lot to do with the candy.

Tomorrow am, for the first time in my life, I report to jury duty. I postponed two times and there's not longer any evading it. With my luck, I will get a six week murder trial.

Anyway, pretty wiped out so that's about it for this evening. Big week coming up. As they say in Chicago, be sure to vote early and often. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds. I think the talking heads are trying to make this seem closer than it is; I am predicting a landslide for Obama.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

good luck with Jury duty, i get to go this month too for the 1st time.

Anonymous said...

just tell them you know me and they will reject you.gs